This Page

has been moved to new address

The blogging will continue until morale improves

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: The blogging will continue until morale improves

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The blogging will continue until morale improves

That's the motto of Owen, whose blog was the first I read and soon became the first I read on a regular basis.

I'll maintain the blogging. Thanks to the four of you who've encouraged me to keep it up. Hopefully there are a few others out there who will benefit as well.

I finally looked up my representatives in public office where I live. Not good.

My state representative is Nora Slawik. She's a DFLer. (For you Wisconsinites, the DFL is the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party in Minnesota. It formed when the three parties merged years ago and they still haven't changed it to just plain old Democrat.)

My state senator is Charles W. Wiger. He's a DFLer.

My US Congresswoman is Betty McCollum. She's a DFLer.

One of my US Senators is Mark Dayton. He's a Democrat. (I'm not sure why he's a Democrat and McCollum is a DFLer. Whatever.)

The other US Senator is Norm Coleman. He's a Republican. He's a moderate - a converted Democrat and the former mayor of St. Paul - but I've liked what little I've seen of him. I certainly don't agree with him on everything, but he's better than any of the others.

Now, if I lived just half a mile down the road, I'd have a Republican State Representative, State Senator, and US Congressman.

Not that being a Republican inherently makes you better, but I feel like somehow we'd be off to a better start.

*Sigh.*

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark declared,

I understand how you feel. Sometimes having candidates predominantly from a single party (no matter which one) can be very depressing, because almost anything that isn't smack dab party line is not going to happen with them. At least, that's been my experience.

11/02/2006 11:37 PM  
Blogger Mark declared,

And, I'm glad you decided to keep blogging!

(Psst. You wouldn't happen to know if Paul Ryan has any other opponents besides Jeffrey Thomas?)

11/02/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger Carla declared,

Hey Joey,
I am right across the river from MN and watch MN news all the time. Haven't a clue what is going on in Milwaukee!! Feel free to blog on what interests you. Just don't quit, ok?

11/03/2006 6:20 AM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

Admit it, you missed it too!

11/03/2006 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home