This Page

has been moved to new address

My apologies

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: My apologies

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My apologies

I suppose I should start by apologizing to those who regularly check here for updates. I've garnered heat from a few people over my absence from the blogosphere, and deservedly so. I never did say that I was closing this down or that I was taking a hiatus. I just sort of quit posting for a while.

There are a number of reasons.

1. I have a new job. I don't suppose this is a completely valid excuse because I still have time in the evenings, but I'll use it anyway.
2. I moved to Minnesota. This left me in a bind, as not only was a lot of time taken up in moving, but now I have to wonder how what I write affects my blogging audience and if I should write to those who have been my audience for this past year. There are many more readers from Wisconsin here and I could easily continue following Wisconsin issues, but I don't live there anymore, so its pertinence to me isn't what it was. This has left me a little confused.
3. I have a girlfriend to whom I give a lot of my time. I value time with her much more than I value time on the blog. However, I should note that even she has made a comment or two about my lack of blogging.
4. I'm not really sure where I want to go with the blog. I began this blog as a political commentary. It has changed somewhat. As I've come to know many other bloggers and as people who I know personally read it, it's become somewhat personal. I never wanted a personal journal online and I don't feel it has become that, but I definitely write more about things that are personal to me than I do about politics.

Part of this is because I'm a big disenfranchised by politics at this point. It consumed my life for nine months of this year. Frankly, I left the field of politics with a lot of apathy. Fair or unfair, that's just how I've felt and still feel.

So, what do I blog about? Sometimes something personal comes to mind that I'd like to share. Sometimes it's thoughts on theology and the state of Christianity in the Greater Twin Cities, America, and the world. Sometimes it's a thought on something political. Is it fair to those who read this to bounce around from one topic to another? Or does a blog need to have a consistent theme to it?

These are some of the questions that I've been asking myself and lend to why I just haven't posted anything. I'm still considering whether or not to keep the blog up and if so, where to go with it. Until then, I'll do my best to keep up with the posting.

Oh, and thanks for reading.

5 Comments:

Blogger James A. N. Stauffer declared,

Do what I do. Blog on what interests you! Jump around on the topic if your interests jump around.

11/01/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Mark declared,

"Is it fair to those who read this to bounce around from one topic to another? Or does a blog need to have a consistent theme to it?"

As one who does exactly that, I do admit it's hard to maintain a consistent readership (and long hiatuses don't help), but I still think it's worth-while. I hope you continue to blog, because I value your opinions and insights. While I will miss the "insider" look at Wisconsin politics, the dirtiness of it is apparent from the outside, too...so not to miss much.

I hope you keep up this blog.

11/01/2006 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Hell Joey just write. I don't know about the others but I will ignore anything that does not interest me.

11/02/2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger Reegz declared,

Now that you're in Minnesota I'll be reading your political views (if you post any) becasue I used to skip over all those Wisconsin ones! Also, any of your thoughts are worth a read and I like variety anyway! Watchin' for more in a couple weeks or so. Hee hee.

11/02/2006 4:30 PM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

"To blog or not to blog." If you feel like it do it,; if not don't. (But if you don't I'll have to call you more often.)

PS Why didn't your girlfriend get her own number in the list of reasons?

11/03/2006 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home