This Page

has been moved to new address

Distractions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Distractions

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Distractions

Remember the Tide to Go "Talking Stain" commercial from the Super Bowl a few years ago?


Distractions are never helpful in communication and the smallest things can grab our attention.

On Sunday morning the pastor at church had his hand in his pocket at one point and when he took it out, it left his untucked shirt partially tucked into the pocket of his jeans. For the next 3-4 minutes I kept glancing at his shirt, waiting for the pocket to release its hold on the shirt.

Here's another good illustration of how we can get distracted reading something:


I often find myself removing specks of dust from my computer monitor when I'm reading anything on a white background.

What distracts you? Is there something that drives you crazy and draws your attention away from anything else going on?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger kristi noser declared,

John and I were laughing today because I was telling him something, and I saw the bananas on the counter, and interrupted myself to say I wanted a banana.
ADDers UNITE!

4/08/2011 8:48 PM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

What does it say about you if you didn't notice the red dot?

4/11/2011 4:13 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I think it means one of 3 things.

1. You aren't detail-oriented.
2. You're used to a grimy computer monitor.
3. You're like my wife.

4/11/2011 4:15 PM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

1. True
2. Very true
3. Glad to have it be true!

4/11/2011 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home