This Page

has been moved to new address

Which one was warned?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Which one was warned?

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Which one was warned?

This headline of a recent story caught my eye:
Shark bites Cancun tourist in surf despite warning
My first thought was, "Who's out there warning sharks not to bite people?"

Please tell me I'm not the only one who read it that way.

They could have written something more like this:
Cancun tourist ignores warning, bitten by shark in surf
That's just 5 characters longer than the original headline and makes a lot more sense.

I think Twitter must have been invented by some guy who used to write headlines for the Associated Press. I imagine him telling his buddies in the newsroom, "Imagine what we could write if we had a whole 140 characters to work with!" It's all a matter of perspective...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous dustin declared,

I know I wouldn't want to be bitten in the surf.

4/06/2011 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home