This Page

has been moved to new address

228 people...and counting...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: 228 people...and counting...

Monday, March 07, 2011

228 people...and counting...

I've been assembling all of the text messages, blog comments, emails, tweets, Facebook messages/posts/comments, and other forms of communication we've received from people over the past 13 days.

These communications include simple statements like, "Praying for you," as well as lengthy emails detailing others' personal stories.

I'm sure I'm missing people here and there, but by my count, 228 people have reached out so far.

This number is rather mind-blowing to me. I don't know a number of these people. Even with those I know, many are people I don't know very well.

Thank you.

I can't adequately express how much it means to us to have your support. Some of the most meaningful statements to us are short, simple notes of encouragement, as simple as, "We're wearing purple for Kaylee Hope today!" I've received at least 8 notes from people letting me know they're wearing purple...most of them brought me to tears -- good tears -- with those simple words. Such an intentional gesture is so meaningful.

If you're reading this and have wanted to say something but haven't because you don't know what to say, just know that there is no right thing to say. Nobody really knows what to say. I don't know what to say. Many people have started emails with, "I don't know what to say, but..." There are no right words to say. Yet the words so many of you have said have kept us going on so many days.

Thank you all so much. We owe more to you than we could ever hope to repay.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown declared,

Joey and Jamie,
I don't know if you remember me or not. We have been to the Wisconsin camp several times. We have a special needs little girl named Macy. We have been praying for your family and Kaylee ever since we found out your heartbreaking news. Anyhow I have been dressing Macy in purple (which is her favorite color) everyday and it reminds me to pray for y'all.
With love and prayers,
April Brown

3/07/2011 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Hello Joey & Jamie, I learned about your little girl from Patty Holland. I am her father-in-law's sister, Betty, I am the oldest of the 7 siblings. Tom is the 3rd. I met Patty at Bernie's funeral. I live in Oregon and am married to a Beaudry from Albertville, MN I love purple too. Your blog is so tender and loving. I've given your blog to my sisters. sisters Patty & Marie. I'm saying hello so you know this side of the fmily is praying for yor baby and both of you. Love Betty Holland Beaudry

3/08/2011 1:09 AM  
Anonymous kathaleend declared,

Joey & Jamie, Just want you to know that we are praying for you from Wausau Wisconsin. Charles & Kathleen Duffert

3/08/2011 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Karla with a K declared,

Joey and Jamie,
I am a friend of Carla's at Fourby40 which is where I first heard your story. Purple happens to be my favorite color as well. I will be thinking of and praying for your family when I wear my purple.

Your story of Kaylee's life is just so beautiful. You are so wise to have embraced your every moment with her here. You are beautiful parents.

Thanks for sharing - you will be in my prayers.

3/09/2011 9:44 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

April, yes, I do remember you and Keith and Macy! Thank you for dressing Macy in purple. It's amazing to me how such simple gestures such as that are so meaningful to us. Thank you for your prayers.

Betty, I'm amazed at the support and interest in our story from people like you who we don't know. Thank you! And go Ducks! (I think that's what you're supposed to say to people from Oregon...)

Kathleen, you must have raised some pretty amazing daughters because they've given us some pretty amazing support. Wausau...not far from my hometown of Rhinelander!

Karla with a K, I think I've seen your name in blog comments here and there. I now love purple too. Thank you for your kind words.

And thank you all for your comments and prayers for us. It helps to know Kaylee Hope is so loved.

3/15/2011 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home