This Page

has been moved to new address

My wardrobe includes purple

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: My wardrobe includes purple

Saturday, February 26, 2011

My wardrobe includes purple

I don't think I've ever owned any purple clothing. I have a white shirt with purple lettering that pokes fun at the Vikings' empty trophy case, but that's as close as I've gotten.

I now have a couple of purple shirts thanks to a stop at a mall on our trip home from Duluth yesterday.


You probably know by now from my post on Thursday that we decided for a number of reasons that Kaylee Hope's favorite color is purple.

Yesterday my mom changed her blog color to purple and said, "From now until Kaylee Hope's birth, or her death, whichever comes first, my blog will be purple and I am going to wear something purple." Soon others started telling us they were wearing purple for our little girl too. My Aunt Kari changed her Facebook profile picture to purple.

Keira's in on the fun too:


Jamie noted yesterday that when she was a little girl, all she would wear is purple. When she was 18 months old she would change her clothes if she wasn't dressed in purple. I love to see the color come back around with our little girl.

I don't have enough purple in my wardrobe to wear purple every day, but I am hoping Jamie can at least make me a purple bracelet to wear.

I still hate the Vikings, but thanks to Kaylee Hope, I now love purple.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Bill Roehl declared,

I wore purple yesterday.

2/26/2011 12:00 PM  
Anonymous Mindee W declared,

I'm wearing purple today and have ordered purple to go on my special bracelet bracelet!!!

2/26/2011 2:28 PM  
Blogger Our family declared,

Will be wearing purple too! Have you visited this site before:

http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/01/beginning-of-story.html

they have walked a similar road

2/26/2011 4:48 PM  
Blogger Dana declared,

David and I are both in purple this morning as we head off to church...like you, I can't wear it every day due to the fact I don't own much of it. But every time I do, it makes me think of and pray for all 5 of you!!! I love you!

2/27/2011 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Brent and Lisa declared,

Well, we wear our purple and Viking horns w/ pride AND we still rooted for the Pack vs the Steelers..LOL!

We were thinking of you yesterday at church. Our pastor's sermon was on Psalm 42 and you mentioned last week that you were taking comfort in verse 11.

That prompted us to read and study that Psalm over the weekend and we were blessed by the study and the pastor's message. So you might say that Kaylee Hope is blessing us even before being born. We hope there is something comforting about that for you and Jamie.

Here's a link to the sermon "Portrait of a Conflicted Soul: Meditations on Psalm 42" http://www.newhopechurchmn.org/worship/sundayteachings.php

2/28/2011 6:26 PM  
Anonymous Chet declared,

I wore purple to the Career Fair. Even a purple tie!

3/01/2011 2:21 PM  
Blogger Tim declared,

Purple dress shirt and purple in my tie today. :) Thinking of you all.

3/01/2011 2:49 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I just want to thank everyone for all of the purple. It really means a lot to us. We had a whole family at our small group show up tonight in purple. I really don't know what to say but thanks. I know purple isn't a standard part of a lot of wardrobes - I didn't own it before last week. So thank you for taking the time to think of us and our daughter. It's very humbling and encouraging.

3/04/2011 2:18 AM  
Anonymous Mark declared,

Like you I do not own a single purple shirt but I ordered bracelets 2 days ago and I am wearing one today and I do not plan on taking it off until it breaks. Two of them are on their way to you and Jamie with Priscilla right now. Several of us here in Rhinelander are now wearing these bracelets to show our support. We love you guys and you are in my prayers

3/04/2011 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home