This Page

has been moved to new address

Preserving the memories

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Preserving the memories

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Preserving the memories

I have a question especially geared towards those of you who have gone through a similar experience in losing a young child.

Jamie and I are hoping to start responding to all of the messages today as we just weren't able to get to them yesterday. We'd like to try to preserve them and create some sort of guest book for ourselves. Of course, we've received messages in multiple formats (Twitter, Facebook messages/posts/chats, text messages, emails, blog comments, blog posts, etc.) that have been tremendously uplifting and encouraging and we're trying to figure out a good way to preserve all of them.

So I'd like to know what ideas people have other than my blah, boring idea of entering all of the messages into an Excel spreadsheet. (Column A = Date/time, Column B = Sender, Column C = Message, Column D = BORING!!!)

Thanks for any suggestions!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Sometimes there is no "understanding" the things that happen-- I could share some from experience, but God takes you through and supports and puts people there to help, and carries you through every step so that you understand that HE cares so much for you and is with you in every step that you take. I know you don't know me, but I heard about you from Darcy and AAron's blog. I was in tears reading your blog, and Just want you to know that I am praying for you at this time.
Jayne Narvesen

2/26/2011 4:29 PM  
Blogger zcoffeegirl declared,

Jamie - on preserving memories, print them off, and have someone who likes to scrapbook just insert them into a nice bound scrapbook. We did this with the blog from my dad's cancer - you can add pictures later. If you are up to doing this - great - otherwise, print them off, put them in a folder and hand it to someone who loves you and enjoys doing that. If you put them in order of the date - it will become a type of journal of sorts to help you process later on.
Sheri Z.

2/26/2011 8:57 PM  
Blogger adopted by grace mom declared,

Not really at all creative or sure how helpful this is, but we printed off anything that came in and put it in the scrapbook with all the photos (have you contacted "Now I lay me down to sleep" yet?) and cards we had from our too short time with Landon. It was nice to have dates, full names, etc. It is amazing how much gets lost in the grieving mind. Things you think you know, you'll never forget - they seem to get lost, get mixed up.

Praying for Kaylee Hope and both of you often...purple is everywhere!

The Tuttles

2/26/2011 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Kay Bradt declared,

Hi Joey, I have an idea for how to preserve your memories. I sell Creative Memories and they have digital scrapbooking which I would recommend for you to try. You wouldn't have to print off anything. You could save all the posting in a folder and then you can make a beautiful hardbound book and design it digitally however you want to, with pictures and embellishments. I think that going digital saves alot of time. So that is my suggestion, I can send you a link to look at a book that I made for our family if you are interested. And if you have any questions, let me know. I am on FB also if you want to friend me.
We have a KayLee also who is now 20, so this hits pretty close to home about if we had gone thro something like this with her. Praying daily for you.

3/03/2011 8:58 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Jennifer, I did contact Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. One of their photographers happens to go to church with us and we may wind up using her.

Kay, I'd like to see the link you have. So far I've just been saving everything in that good old Excel spreadsheet and also archiving everything in an email folder, but I wouldn't be surprised if we want to do some kind of book as Sheri, Jennifer, and others have suggested. It's obviously too much to do now but it's something I want to think about for the future.

3/04/2011 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home