This Page

has been moved to new address

My ring

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: My ring

Monday, October 15, 2007

My ring

I lost my wedding ring.

Three months ago, I went and dropped it down a heating vent at a friend's house. Since then, I've been wearing a sad $20 sterling silver ring from a kiosk at the Mall of America.

Yesterday marked the return of my wedding ring to my hand. We had already spent hours trying to get it out on no less than three occasions. We finally succeeded.

And by "we", I mean my wife's grandpa, who's a pretty resourceful guy, along with my wife and me. He used an Aqua-View, which is a plastic fish with a camera and light in it. We dropped it down the heating vent, saw a glimmer that we thought might be the ring, and sent the Shop-Vac hose after it. We'd tried the Shop-Vac before, but never with a camera down there with it. He just held the hose on the glimmer until the little shiny spot down there disappeared and he felt something rattle past him through the hose.

We were...well, elated would be an understatement. Let's just say that the ring cost slightly more than I care to admit, let alone the sentimental value that any wedding ring has.

Thank you Grandpa!!

1 Comments:

Blogger D declared,

AWESOME I AM SO EXCITED!!! PLEASE POST PICTuRES!

10/16/2007 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home