This Page

has been moved to new address

Childrens what?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Childrens what?

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Childrens what?

Bush just gets funnier every day.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Offering a grammar lesson guaranteed to make any English teacher cringe, President George W. Bush told a group of New York school kids on Wednesday: "Childrens do learn."

Bush made his latest grammatical slip-up at a made-for-TV event where he urged Congress to reauthorize the No Child Left Behind Act, the centrepiece of his education policy, as he touted a new national report card on improved test scores.
...
"As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured," he said.
Journalists don't always get it right either though. I read a story earlier that had "73nd" in it. Of course, now I can't find it to link.

Anyway, grammatical errors normally make me cringe, but if I cringed at all of Bush's grammatical snafus, I'd have permanent furrows in my eyebrows from cringing so much.

So, I figure it's better to just laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home