This Page

has been moved to new address

I don't follow cycling, but something stinks here

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: I don't follow cycling, but something stinks here

Thursday, September 20, 2007

I don't follow cycling, but something stinks here

Floyd Landis won the Tour de France. Now, his title may be stripped from him due to a doping scandal. At this point, it looks like the title will be stripped from him, as he's down to his last few straws for appeal options.

If you don't know the story, you can read it here. The rest of you still reading this probably already know the story, which is the only reason you give a rip what I think of the issue.

I really don't follow biking, or cycling, or whatever they're calling it, so I don't know how much my input really means. Dustin probably knows better than I do. But I do know that I think the anti-doping thing is going a bit too far. I think steroids and doping is wrong. However, I do wonder how accurate the tests are. I wonder how easy it could be to fail a test, even though you're innocent. I wonder if you can be clean, but register testosterone levels that are too high.

Floyd Landis may be guilty, I don't know. But when the vote by the arbitration panel is 2-1 and that same arbitration panel had serious reservations about the accuracy of some of the tests, it makes me think that the 2 who voted to take away Landis' title were out for blood.

There, I put in my one cycling post for the year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monday Came declared,

Only one cycling post this year? Well, then I better mention to anyone who loves cycling that the Breast Cancer Ride is June 21-22, 2008. www.breastcancerride.org :) Aunt Kari

9/25/2007 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home