This Page

has been moved to new address

Radio airwaves + my name = hello St. Louis

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Radio airwaves + my name = hello St. Louis

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Radio airwaves + my name = hello St. Louis

I occasionally listen to the radio at work and recently decided to find a station from my old stomping grounds in St. Louis, Missouri, that I could stream online

I sent an email to the DJ at WIL just to let them know that they have listeners from out of town. I figure being a DJ is kind of like being a blogger; if you never get any comments/feedback, you wonder if anyone is really reading/listening.

It turns out this DJ is originally from Eagan, which is half a mile from me. He read half of my email (and my full name) on the air and later slipped me into an live ad he was doing for Cooper Tires (referring to their cold weather benefits: "I'll bet that guy in Minneapolis wishes he had some of these tires"...ironically, I do need new tires).

This got me thinking...if I had time to burn (and I don't, though anyone can make room for burnable time if they really want to), and was that big of an obsessive lunatic (which is a matter of opinion), how cool would it be to get my name broadcast on a station in every city in the country?

Of course, there would have to be rules involved. You couldn't include every WMOO station in the country. Maybe every station over 100,000 watts? That's feasible. And would it have to be every genre or just every geographic region? You could even set up some kind of device to record the DJ saying your name on the air. And then you could blog about it.

Or you could just blog about the idea of the thing. And then you could get laughed at by the few readers who made it this far for the ridiculousness of the fact that you thought of it in the first place.

You're welcome. I'll be here all week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Meirose declared,

If you could convince Clear Chanel to do it with all their stations you'd be a long ways toward that goal!

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Big Chris
Because I said so blog - http://mrclm.blogspot.com

9/19/2007 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Idea: Start with the capitals :)

10/08/2007 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home