This Page

has been moved to new address

Country vs. City: crime is not the deciding factor

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Country vs. City: crime is not the deciding factor

Monday, October 08, 2007

Country vs. City: crime is not the deciding factor

Most of you have probably already read the story of Sunday morning's shooting that has left 7 people dead (including the gunman). Crandon, Wisconsin, is just 25 miles from where I grew up, so it hits pretty close to home for many of my family members who still live there.

I remember talking to a girl at work when I was back home during a college break. Her family had moved to Rhinelander to get away from the crime of the Milwaukee area. Not long after they moved up north, her mom was murdered. The killer was never found.

It served as a reminder to me that life can be taken from us no matter where we live and at any time. This serves as yet another reminder and reinforces why I don't feel any safer in the country than I do in the city. The same God is God of both and He can take my life in a place like Cody, Wyoming, just as soon as He can take my life in Denver, Colorado. The people living in Crandon, Wisconsin, are just as sinful as the people living in Bloomington, Minnesota.

There are many other factors that make me prefer the city or the country over the other, but crime is not one of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

You may not FEEL safer, but the fact is that the crime rate per capita IS lower in some areas than in others, so whether you feel it or not, you ARE statistically safer in some places.

10/09/2007 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home