This Page

has been moved to new address

Tommy Thompson for President

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Tommy Thompson for President

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Tommy Thompson for President

Tommy Thompson's name has been mentioned a few times as a presidential possibility, but rarely seriously. I just saw the man in April and, while his speech was great, he's getting older, and I didn't think there was any way he'd run.

Apparently, I'm wrong.
DES MOINES, Iowa - Former Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson promised Wednesday to become a familiar face in Iowa in his quest for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination against better-financed rivals.

"I'm going to be here every week, at least one day every week," Thompson told The Associated Press. "I'm close enough to be able to do that and I'm going to develop a field organization and a grass-roots campaign like you haven't seen before."
I think he has a good shot at winning Iowa, considering his enormous support in his neighboring home state of Wisconsin. I think his health could be an issue, but then, everyone thought it would be an issue for Reagan too.

I love where he stands on welfare reform. He's not a diehard conservative by any stretch of the imagination, but then, I really don't think a diehard conservative will be our next president. In other words, I think old Tommy could have a shot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark declared,

Tommy Thompson is an up-lifting possibility! Thanks for passing along the news.

1/03/2007 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home