This Page

has been moved to new address

Poll results, new poll

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Poll results, new poll

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Poll results, new poll

It seems that more people are interested in music than in the 8th Congressional District race. Oh well.

Here are the results from the music poll. (Only those genres receiving votes are included.)
You only get one genre of music. Which is it?

Alternative rock: 3 (8%)
Christian: 10 (26%)
Classic rock: 1 (3%)
Classical: 3 (8%)
Country: 8 (21%)
Dance/electronic: 1 (3%)
Easy listening: 2 (5%)
Heavy metal: 2 (5%)
Hip-hop/rap: 1 (3%)
Indie/folk: 2 (5%)
Oldies: 1 (3%)
Opera: 1 (3%)
Come on Joey, haven't you heard of ____?: 4 (10%)
Not receiving votes were: Emo, Jazz/Blues, Latin, New Age, Pop, R & B, and Reggae.

I was surprised at the variety. We certainly have diversity in the Wide White audience. While Christian and Country did dominate, I was surprised by the variety among the other genres.

Considering that music is so popular, I'm starting a new feature in the right column. I'll call it "My favorite song right now." I'll keep it as up-to-date as I'm able.

For now, on to a new poll...

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown declared,

What's up? Heavy Metal only two votes? I know I sat for at least an hour and voted over 100 times. Something's up with your poll...it was rigged I'm telling ya!

7/10/2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Good thing I restricted it to one vote per ISP then....

7/10/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown declared,

That is not how polls are run these days, especially music polls. Is there not anything to be learned from American Idol? Allowing multiple votes from the same person multiplies all votes and drives the illusion of absolute success. Just think, you could of had over 1 million votes.

7/10/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

What is it they say, vote early and vote often?

Whatever. Wide White will operate with integrity at the ballot box! (Unless, of course, you vote from multiple ISP addresses....)

7/10/2006 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home