This Page

has been moved to new address

Poll: beer no longer rules campuses

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Poll: beer no longer rules campuses

Friday, June 30, 2006

Poll: beer no longer rules campuses

That's right, the iPod has taken over.
Beer traditionally has had the biggest buzz with college students: Seventy-five percent consider drinking beer "in" on their campuses, according to Student Monitor's Lifestyle & Media Study.

Only once in the past decade of the biannual survey, in 1997, was beer bumped from the top spot — by the Internet, says Student Monitor's Eric Weil. The Ridgewood, N.J., research firm surveyed a representative group of 600 students.

Among the findings:

• iPods were the No. 1 "in" thing on campuses; 73% of students mentioned it. iPods were even more popular with Hispanic students (77%) and women (76%).

• Drinking beer tied with the college networking site Facebook.com (71%).

• Nos. 4 to 10 were drinking other alcohol (67%), text messaging (66%), downloading music (66%), going to clubs (65%), instant messaging (63%), working out (62%) and coffee (60%).

I must be the most uncool person ever. I don't have an iPod, I don't drink, I have a meager Facebook account that I rarely use, I don't have a text messaging plan, I don't download music often, I don't go to clubs, I don't instant message often, I never work out, and I only drink coffee occasionally.
But then, I'm not in college.

4 Comments:

Blogger Reegz declared,

I'm shocked that meth didn't make this "list." Maybe it's categorized with the drinking other alcohol thing or going to clubs thing huh? Things that make ya go mmmnn....

7/04/2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger Dana declared,

You don't have an IPOD? Let me just say two words that make them worht every penny- FREE SERMONS!

7/11/2006 7:42 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Just ONE word that makes me keep those pennies: CDs.

7/12/2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Brendan Chambers declared,

Yeah! CD's rule! But Joey, you don't have to take so much pride in avoiding those stupid college consumption activities. Confucius said, "As you make a path through a life, select your destinations according to your will. Do not only walk backwards from everyone else."

7/05/2009 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home