This Page

has been moved to new address

The communist city of St. Paul, MN

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: The communist city of St. Paul, MN

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The communist city of St. Paul, MN

If I were okay with drinking, I'd be down at the Gopher Bar.
Gopher Bar acts as a kind of bulletin board for the views of its owners and patrons, views that often stray from political correctness. The city's human rights department once pursued discrimination charges for hanging a Confederate flag inside the bar and for anti-gay T-shirts [I wonder how St. Paul defines "anti-gay"...the shirts probably said, "I'm straight"] worn by employees. (At the time, owner George Kappas said he was neither racist nor homophobic.)

The bluntness continued after the ban went into effect, with much of the ire directed at Council Member Dave Thune, the leading force behind the prohibition. Kappas, in fact, said the bar had recently ordered deodorizing urinal "cakes" with Thune's picture on them.

She also said the bar sometimes posts a sign on the front door: "Closed for a well-deserved cigarette break, compliments of the communist city of St. Paul." But, she said, the smoking takes place outside.
...
Kappas said bar business is down 40 percent since the ban went into effect March 31. Employees were laid off, and Kappas now works a shortened Saturday shift by herself.
Isn't it nice to know there are still people who believe in defending the Constitution!?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark declared,

There's a nice book store in St. Paul...unless it's gotten eaten by the communist regime.

6/29/2006 10:40 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Yeah, there's one there that I really like too. On Grand Ave. Can't remember the name of it, but I know right where it is. St. Paul has a lot of cool places like that though....

6/30/2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger Billiam declared,

Is Moby Dicks still open on Hennepin ave.? I was there in the early '80's for my service physical. Me and my roomie went down to Hennepin ave. We wandered in to MD's. We were the only white guys in the place! My roomie wanted to leave. I'm like, not till I have a beer. He was hilarious. All the looks we were getting made him nervous.

6/30/2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

I hate when people equate any sort of regulation with communism.
It's extremely juvenile.

2/29/2008 3:34 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I hate when people post anonymously.
It's extremely juvenile.

2/29/2008 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home