This Page

has been moved to new address

Mwenda is right

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Mwenda is right

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mwenda is right

I guess I never thought I'd come across a guy whose first name is Andrew and last name is Mwenda.

In any event, Andrew Mwenda is right.
"The best thing the West can do is to do nothing for Africa," Andrew Mwenda, a Ugandan writer and radio host, said during a recent visit to Britain....

"Throwing money at African dictators cannot be a solution to ending poverty," said Mwenda. He charged that democracy in Africa had been stalled by aid, because leaders focused on responding to donors, not their own citizens.
Amen and amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carla declared,

I like him!! Money thrown at people never really "solves" anything does it? Thanks, Joey.

7/11/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I do what I can...not as much as I used to be able to, but I do what I can.

7/11/2006 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home