This Page

has been moved to new address

Bounty for a name

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Bounty for a name

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Bounty for a name

Sean tells me that Chris has a bounty of two cases of Leiny's if he can get the name of the offending state rep.

Hmm...I don't drink, so two cases of Leiny's don't intrigue me. Sorry Chris. You can't blame a man for trying though.

UPDATE: I realized on my way home from the convention that I should have explained myself. I live in Wisconsin. It's the state of beer. Minnesota is the state of hockey. Wisconsin is the state of beer. I recognize this, so saying, "I don't drink," isn't the best way to make friends with most people.

No, I don't have anything against drinking. I don't think it's wrong. As a Christian I do think getting drunk is wrong. I could go on about the facets of why I think what I think about drinking, but it's pointless.

Suffice it to say, I don't drink. I don't like the fact that there's all of this pressure around it, and once you've started drinking, there's pressure to get plastered. Or maybe that was just in college. In any case, I don't like being a puppet of what society says you should do. I'm not anti-society. I just don't like doing things just because everyone else does it.

I also have relatives who are alcoholics and have seen the destructive effects it can have, and I just don't want anything to do with it. There you go. That's my reason.

And yes, Billiam, I like bratwurst.

7 Comments:

Blogger Billiam declared,

Joey, I'm horrified. How can you not drink? Even a little? I no longer get blasted, but I enjoy a good belt or a beer, especially a Leinie's honey weiss, from time to time. Please tell me you like bratwurst, otherwise, there might have to be an intervention...

5/20/2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger Mark declared,

Bravo for you, Joey! If the only reason you'd feel the desire to drink is because you're being pressured to do so, then by all means tell it 'em to stick it!

(BTW, I drink...but getting plastered is very bad. IT HURTS!!!)

5/20/2006 11:04 PM  
Blogger Mark declared,

Besides, I thought we were the state of cheese?

5/20/2006 11:05 PM  
Blogger Chris declared,

I need that name so if you dont drink what else could I bribe you with Women ,gold name your price Joey ;)

5/20/2006 11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

That's right stick to your convictions and what the Word says about drunkeness. It's God who we are accountable to. Pressure smessure. I don't drink either it's not worth all the badness that can come along with it. I too have seen the devastating affects of the love of alcohol. Not that there's anything wrong with a beer, but that's another blog that could probably go on and on.

5/21/2006 12:28 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

...and on and on...

5/21/2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger Billiam declared,

Joey, anyone who would not be someone's friend because they don't drink, isn't worth having for a friend. I was giving you crap, as I enjoy that sort of thing. I stopped for a couple of years, and my drinking pals were cool about it. I just don't get drunk. I've had one hangover in my life and it sucked. Never again, says I!!

5/21/2006 4:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home