This Page

has been moved to new address

How old am I?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: How old am I?

Thursday, May 18, 2006

How old am I?

One thing I don't like about blogs is the anonymity. It's a blessing and a curse, I guess. You can say whatever you want and no one will know who is saying it.

Of course, I use my real name here. I'm not a fan of anonymity. Nothing against those who remain anonymous. Some can't because of their jobs, and I understand that. But generally, if you're going to have an opinion, I'd prefer to see you take responsibility for that opinion. Stand up for it. Be held accountable for it.

Still, there are people who may just read a post or two. They've never seen a picture of me (which is probably just as well...). I believe I posted my age once, either in a post or in a comment. But many have not seen that. What do they think?

Who do they think I am? How old do they think I am? Are there people who are friendly on the blog and whose blog I read that I wouldn't actually hang out with in person because we're completely different?

It's the problem that I have with the internet. There's too much that's unknown. It's great for keeping in touch with people we know. There are people ranging from family to friends from church to friends in politics who I keep in touch with like this. They know who I am. But others don't.

Which makes me wonder...who do they think I am? And how old do they think I am?

How old do you think I am?

(By the way, I promise to answer that question once the guesses are in...)

11 Comments:

Blogger Joey declared,

(And once you're done trying to figure out my age w/o the pictures, here are the two pictures I've posted.)

5/18/2006 11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

If I had to guess, mid 20s?

Who are you? You are you. You are someone who either has not been told or refuses to abide by the rule that we are who others say we are.

You criticize, but with though not anger driving your words.

You point out major things, but seem to find a small side issue or overlooked point to emphasise.

Yopu are one of the few reasons I am glad that my generation is being replaced.

5/18/2006 11:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown declared,

21

5/19/2006 5:26 AM  
Blogger Carla declared,

23

5/19/2006 7:34 AM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

I could tell you how old you are to the minute, so I'll keep quiet. But, you've posted enough other clues to give unsuspecting people a pretty good idea. If you're the oldest of eleven children and your youngest brother is only 2 months old, you're either under 30 or you have a stepmother.

5/19/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger kristi noser declared,

Well, Carla said 23 and Pat said 21 so I'll jump in the middle and say 22. But I think at one time you told me, so I could be cheating, but then again, with my memory I could be wrong.

5/19/2006 10:42 AM  
Blogger Reegz declared,

I guess almost 23. How bout that? I always say, how will I find Joey at church? He better have an oar in his hand and be wearing a lifejacket and that fishing hat.

5/19/2006 12:48 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

LOL...I'm about to leave for Appleton and I'm late and things are crazy, and reading that "oar and life jacket and fishing hat" part just cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh! I definitely needed it!

5/19/2006 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

af first glance at the pics, before this post, I guessed 24 but I think guys tend to look a lot younger in their face even as they age. I know a of guys who are in their 30's who still look in their 20's. but i'd say your blogs and comments make you seem more mature.

5/19/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

21.

Nice work Pat.

I don't know, maybe I do act older, though most of you were only a year or two off. I guess considering that my mom just had a kid, I couldn't be much older. For what it's worth, the one girl I dated was 4 years older than me. Not sure if that says more about me or her...I know what I think, but I'll let you be the judge.

5/20/2006 10:45 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Oops...forgot about this picture.

5/22/2006 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home