This Page

has been moved to new address

The great divide

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: The great divide

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The great divide

I'll be on the road tomorrow (Monday), so don't expect to hear anything from me.

However, I do want to leave one thought. I won't interject my comments for now, as I don't have time.

There is a huge divide among Wisconsin Republicans. There are Southeast Republicans, and there are Rest of the State Republicans. I happen to live among those in the Rest of the State category, so I get to hear some of the griping about the Southeast Republicans.

Here's a recent comment from a representative - and one who I believe is not only very intelligent, but is a pretty good conservative. It should be noted that these comments were made in a public address to other members of the Republican Party.

First, this person called Southeast Republicans "nutso."

Then, this representative declared, "There are three parties in this state. There are normal Republicans, normal Democrats, and Charlie Sykes Stormtroopers. He says jump, they ask 'how high?'"

I don't have the audio from the event to physically prove these comments were made, so don't ask for them. All I have is the text message I saved in my cell phone with the transcript. But this underscores something very interesting about the dynamics of the Republican Party at the state capitol.

I'd comment further, but I must leave...for Madison....

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger steveegg declared,

If it weren't true, it would be tragically funny.

4/10/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger Patrick declared,

Why no name? If this Republican representative said something like this in public, it should be reported with his name, he is a public figure.

4/11/2006 6:08 AM  
Blogger Chris declared,

Yes Joey please give us a name if he said this in public he must have ment it.

4/11/2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I'm still pondering whether or not leaking the name would cost me my job.

Yes, the comment was made in public, but that "public" arena was a group of Republicans in the representative's home district. I don't live in that district, but happened to be at the event for other reasons. So, would it be "back-stabbing" to repeat something that was meant for only supporters to hear? I suppose that's debatable.

But the biggest reason I'm not saying who it is at this point is that it could cost me my job, and I'll just leave it at that without going into detail. Normally I'm not the kind of person to care about that, but the fact is, it could reflect badly on my boss. I'm not a fan of anonymous blogs. I feel that people should take responsibility for what they say. And if I'm going to rat out this representative, I need to be able to take responsibility for that. That's not exactly a problem. What is a problem is that it would have consequences for other people as well, and I'm not willing to put other people in a tough situation because I'm only thinking of myself.

4/11/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Chris declared,

You see this is where the Rep is being gutless. Who ever he is he knows about this Sykes has posted it and the rest of us we can see the people in Madison reading us on our sitemeters.

So the Rep should come out and say I said it for these reasons then we can "debate" the issue

This is the Reps problem not Joeys So the REP should do the stand up thing but I wont hold my breath

Either way, How does it feel to start your first blogswarm Joey? I do believe you just made your bones young man lol ;)

4/11/2006 10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

stevefreesestevefreesestevefreesestevefreesestevefreesestevefreesestevefreesestevefreesestevefreesestevefreese

4/15/2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Thanks for your thoughts anon. Sorry, but they're pretty much worthless since they're ANON!!!

4/24/2006 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home