This Page

has been moved to new address

Spend your summer vacation in Minneapolis!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Spend your summer vacation in Minneapolis!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Spend your summer vacation in Minneapolis!

Are you looking for a summer getaway? Why not consider a staycation? If you live in Minneapolis, you'll be vacationing in one of the 10 best summer destinations in the world!

Does that sound dramatic? Don't tell the folks at National Geographic. They ranked Minneapolis number 4 in their "10 Best Summer Trips of 2011."

While I don't think I could put Minneapolis up there in a top 10 international list (it's one of just 2 U.S. destinations that made the list), it is a pretty cool place to visit (and live!). Here's a short list of awesomeness that is the Twin Cities.
There's a LOT more that should be added. Jamie and I never really have trouble finding something to do when we happen to have an open afternoon.

What are some of your favorite Twin Cities places?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kara Jo declared,

Wow...didn't realize there was all that to do around here!

There's a free 'splash pad'/kiddie pool (fancy with sprinklers), near or in Minnehaha Park that we like. Starts out zero depth. I bet the twins would love it this summer!

4/28/2011 9:18 AM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

I love vacationing in Minneapolis. I would add:

--your house, but that's very subjective
--another favorite spot is Woodlake Nature Center in Richfield. Of course I love it because I grew up there and know it well, but it really is a very cool nature place for an urban area.
--Valley Fair
--Chanhassen Dinner Theater
--Medina Ballroom (if it's even still there, at least I loved it 29 years ago)

4/28/2011 5:46 PM  
Blogger Tim declared,

Great list. Having lived here nearly all my life, I've been to almost all of these, usually multiple times (the exceptions being the Arboretum, Mickey's Diner, and Summit Brewery). But it's easy to take them for granted and forget they are there. Maybe this year I will cross off those remaining ones.

4/28/2011 9:02 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

This list was very, very much off the top of my head and I figured I probably left some great places off the list. Valleyfair is definitely one of them, though I still haven't made it there myself. Hopefully this summer.

Is the Medina Entertainment Center what you were referring to? http://www.medinaentertainment.com/

Tim, I've been to everything on the list except for the Guthrie, Children's Museum, and Summit Brewery. I'm planning to cross Summit off the list this summer and I'm sure I'll make it to the Children's Museum since my wife has already made her way there with the kids and I work a block away from it.

4/29/2011 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home