This Page

has been moved to new address

I remember where I was...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: I remember where I was...

Friday, April 29, 2011

I remember where I was...

...on 10/3/95. I was in a Maine gift shop when an announcement came over the radio that OJ Simpson was declared not guilty.

...on 9/1/97. I had just returned home from camp when I learned that Princess Diana had died the day before. I don't know if I knew who she was, just that she was a big deal and my mom had been living in England when she was married in 1981.

...on 9/11/01. I was in class waiting for my professor to show up. She had been in New York and we thought her flight had just been delayed. Classmates started talking about a plane flying into a building. When my professor didn't show up, I headed to the bank, where every teller, banker and customer was glued to a TV, watching the Twin Towers burn and then collapse. My professor wound up spending a week in New York before she was able to get home.

...on 10/25/02. I was in class a couple of minutes early when a friend stopped by the classroom to tell me Paul Wellstone had died in a plane crash. I didn't believe her at first.

...on 4/28/11. I was in bed when a royal couple in Britain got married. I didn't think I was better than anyone else for not caring about the wedding. I just think I got more sleep than the people who cared though. I stand by my decision.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bill Roehl declared,

Aside from 9/11 I don't remember any of those things and I'm pretty positive I won't remember today either.

4/29/2011 7:35 AM  
Blogger Julie R. Anderson, LAMFT declared,

10/3/95: No idea where I was.

9/1/97: I had just gotten home from work, heard it on the car radio, and ran into our apt. to tell Scott.

9/11/01: I was at work in Anoka, MN. My co-worker cried, my residents and I were stunned and couldn't look away from the TV.

10/25/02: I was at work in Golden Valley, MN. I was 6 months pregnant with Molly and just got back from lunch; there was an announcement of the office door. My co-worker cried and I was stunned.

4/28/11: I slept good last night. Have a good Friday Joey! ;o)

4/29/2011 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home