This Page

has been moved to new address

The answers twins parents really want to give to your questions

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: The answers twins parents really want to give to your questions

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The answers twins parents really want to give to your questions

Jamie and I have watched this no less than 5 times since first coming across it a few weeks ago. We laugh every time.

In case you think any of the questions asked are exaggerated, I've included the transcript of the whole 2-minute exchange below and have noted in parentheses which questions Jamie and I have been asked over the past 10 months.


Twins Mom: In an ideal park world, this is how my conversations would go.

Park Mom: Oh wow, are those your two children?
TM: Yes, yes they are.
PM: They are adorable. Have a great day.
TM: Same to you.

TM: And end scene.

TM: Unfortunately, in reality, it goes more like this.

PM: Hello, are those your two children over there?
TM: Yes, yes they are.
PM: Are they twins? (They're 10 months old and we get this all the time.)
TM: Yes.
PM: One is a boy and one is a girl? They do not look alike. (We often get comments about whether they do or don't look alike.)
TM: You are so observant.
PM: My uncle's friend's brother's cousin's mailman has twins. (Many people tell us about someone they know who has twins.)
TM: Awesome.
PM: But they look alike.
TM: Wow.
PM: Are yours identical? (All the time, even though we have a boy and a girl.)
TM: No.
PM: I did not think so.
TM: What gave it away?
PM: Are they natural? (Unfortunately, we've been asked this numerous times.)
TM: They are not robots and are made from organic matter.
PM: Do twins run in your family? (Easily the most common question. The answer is no.)
TM: Is that a transparent attempt to ask me if I've battled with infertility?
PM: Yes, did you have that in vitro thing? (Never directly, but we've been asked this question in other ways.)
TM: What is your favorite brand of tampons?
PM: What?
TM: Oh, sorry, with this line of interrogation, I just assumed that we were now BFF's.
PM: Well, at least you did not get 8 kids like that Octomom.
TM: Lucky me.
PM: I always get pregnant the first time I try.
TM: Great job. Here's your cookie.
PM: Which one do you like better? (Not yet, though we're asked many other "which one..." questions.)
TM: I love them both the same.
PM: Yeah, but which one is your favorite? (Oh yes, we've been asked this one.)
TM: The one who is not screaming.
PM: Which one is smarter?
TM: I am.
PM: I do not know how you do it. (We hear this all the time.)
TM: I have no choice.
PM: My kids are a year apart. I think that is harder than twins. (Yes, we've heard this.)
TM: Come to my house around 5:00.
PM: That's great you have a boy and a girl. You are done. (We often hear, "You can be done now!")
TM: Thanks for handling that decision for me.
PM: I know a lady who has triplets.
TM: Awesome.
PM: At least you do not have quads.
TM: [Blank stare]
PM: Okay, got to go.
TM: Thank God.

TM: And now I will go back under my rock.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kara Jo declared,

Oh. My. Gosh. Literally laughing out loud.
Lord, please don't let ever let me say anything that obnoxiously dorky to parents! And if I have, forgive me!!!

12/11/2010 6:02 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Don't worry if you have, we've all asked a few of those questions.

12/11/2010 6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Hahaha...that was awesome! Loved the robotic voices and the "awesome". :) I'm sorry you have to put up with such torture. Must suck to be you. ;)

12/11/2010 11:56 PM  
Blogger rae declared,

Seriously funniest thing EVER. O. My. Goodness.

I think the only thing we haven't gotten is the invitro question because I always head that off with some kind of explanation of hyperovulation. That usually comes up about the time they start asking if twins run in the family... :P

12/15/2010 2:56 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Yeah, I would guess at least 80% of people ask, "Do twins run in your family?" I'm not sure why that's such a predominant question. I don't recall ever asking it of anyone else. It never really even crossed my mind before.

12/15/2010 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home