This Page

has been moved to new address

Blogs: curing boredom one click at a time

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Blogs: curing boredom one click at a time

Friday, December 03, 2010

Blogs: curing boredom one click at a time

I've been pretty consistent at publishing a new blog post each morning for the last couple of months with the exception of the week of Thanksgiving.

I didn't get a post up this morning either since I spent my blog time last night working on a post over at Strange Spending. (You can check it out here.)

As I glanced over the traffic on Wide White today I couldn't help but notice an increase in the number of clicks to other blogs I have linked on the right. 22% of visitors to the blog today have clicked a link on the right, double the number from yesterday.

The only reason I can come up with - and I could be dead wrong - is people are looking to fill time. When they don't see a new post here, they go looking for new content somewhere else. (I'd put in another plug for how you should just sign up for automatic updates via email or RSS, but I'd run the risk of sounding like a broken record...)

What do you think? Do those of you who check this blog regularly for updates often click links on the right when there isn't new content here? Do those of you who have your own blogs notice any trend on your own sites if you don't post content?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Hi Joey! Yes, both Lisa and I often will click over on the blog rolls of the folks we follow. We find that the folks we follow usually have spotted bloggers of interest that we want to check out.
BTW, we've noticed several click overs from your site to our blog in the last couple of weeks! Thanks for the listing! Brent & Lisa

12/04/2010 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home