This Page

has been moved to new address

Clever political advertising

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Clever political advertising

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Clever political advertising

My first job out of college was as a campaign manager for a congressional campaign, which I left 2 months before election day. The candidate started showing signs of being a little crazy as early as a few months into my unfortunate tenure with the campaign. By the time I left the campaign I was at the point of being unwilling to send the press releases as my original press release drafts became butchered with venomous language I just couldn't support.

After I left, he put out ads that still make me cringe. I saw one of his ads used 2 years later in a news piece on how outrageously negative campaigns can get.

I haven't been following the congressional race in Minnesota's 5th District this year, but recently came across an ad from Joel Demos, who's running against Keith Ellison for the seat. The 47-second internet ad was just turned into a 30-second TV ad and is getting rave reviews from the Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, and others.

Joel's going to lose, but he's not going down without a clever fight.


(via)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home