This Page

has been moved to new address

Think before you forward

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Think before you forward

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Think before you forward

I received an email forward recently that baffled me.

The email read:
Sign along the road in northern Kenya near the Saudi-Arabian border!!

First, I realize that not everyone does well with geography, but not only does Kenya not border Saudi Arabia, they aren't even on the same continent!!

Second, if you know anything about Kenya, you'd know that their major languages are English and Swahili. This appears to be Arabic script. I'm assuming the person who put this together correlates everything Arabic with Islam, Islam with Obama, and probably a little terrorism connection sprinkled in somewhere. Because Obama is trying to terrorize our nation, right?

Not that I needed to know, but I decided to look this up online, curious to know more about this epic failure being perpetrated as fact. I was able to find the original picture - taken in Oman - that was clearly photoshopped:


Partisan ignorance is alive and well...

6 Comments:

Blogger watchman146 declared,

Obama nation = abomination

"Obama" sounds like "Osama" to me

These things can't be coincidence. If a person's name is not clearly European, there has to be something sinister about it.

2/28/2010 9:44 AM  
Blogger Kara Jo declared,

watchman...for real?!

3/01/2010 8:29 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

No, that's just sarcasm. Though you do have a point about Obama sounding like Osama... ;)

3/01/2010 9:23 AM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

I drove by a large, hand-made sign and thought it read "Osama bin Laden". I drove by it again and looked closer, it actually read, "Obama Biden". If I was really worried about name association I wouldn't have named my daughter Ellen White.

3/03/2010 5:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah Hubert declared,

sigh. when obama was running for office i had a coworker who asked me in all seriousness one day, "do you believe in all that revelation stuff in the Bible?" I said yes. then she asked, "do you think obama is the antichrist?" i'm not a big fan of the guy, but where does this stuff start?

3/04/2010 9:23 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Nice, the oft-misused "antichrist." wonder how many of them have existed just during our lifetime? I'm pretty sure both Clintons were antichrists at some point in time.

3/04/2010 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home