This Page

has been moved to new address

Dad for a week (with the pictures to prove it)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Dad for a week (with the pictures to prove it)

Friday, February 19, 2010

Dad for a week (with the pictures to prove it)

I've been a dad for a week now and it just gets better every day. (I only added "with the pictures to prove it" to the title so more people would actually take a look at this post, though I did add a few pictures. Photos just seem to draw people in far better than anything I spew.)

Yesterday was my first day back in the office and my coworkers asked how I'd been sleeping. I said it wasn't bad. I had 7 hours the night before, don't really wake up to the crying, and can't do much to stop the crying anyway, given my milklessness. Plus, my sister-in-law had pulled the night shift the night before.

Well, last night was different. There was no sister-in-law pulling a night shift. My sister who's living with us had to get up early to drive to Eau Claire. I wasn't asking her to stay up late with the kids since I can sleep on a bus on my way to work.

So, I got night shift duties (until 2 AM anyway) and less than 5 hours of sleep.

And I'm still loving it! I'm waiting for the newness to go away. I feel like one of these days "reality" will set in and it will be a chore to go home and see them. But I hope not. I'd be more than happy if this was my permanent reality.

For those looking for more pictures than what I posted last week, I put an album on Facebook that you can view here as long as you have a Facebook username and password. I'll try to get some up on another site like Picasa or Flickr at some point for the non-Facebookers out there. Until then, here are a few that we've taken over the last week.

A kiss from Mama to Carson.


Sweet Keira. (Mom was really digging the floral pattern in those hospital nursing gowns...)


Carson makes many faces and apparently blows bubbles too.


Carson and Mom.


Keira, content as usual.


This is typical: Keira is chilling and Carson has mischief written all over him.


This is what happens when it's early in the morning and Jamie asks me to take Keira for a minute so she can take care of Carson.


Carson's first bath at home. He loves to lap at the water when the droplets spray onto his mouth.


My first day back at work, working from home.


Keira, deep in thought. Her Aunt Jessy took this as she was pulling a night shift for us.


3 Comments:

Blogger Kara Jo declared,

I can't get enough of your two little yummies. So glad it's been a relatively smooth transition, all things (i.e. twins) considered.

P.S. For me, the newness never really wears off--may that be true for you as well! Enjoy and soak up every delicious minute!

2/19/2010 11:59 AM  
Blogger Gabriella declared,

Great Great Great Blog

Your blog is so excellent. I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog. I like your way of posting.

Hey i am interesting in adding your http://widewhite.blogspot.com/
in my blog
http://spacestation-shuttle.blogspot.com/


I am honored to add it to interesting blog list section.

Will you add my blog in your blog list.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Please reply dear.

2/22/2010 5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Ahh Twins. We have 10 year old girls now. I vaguely remember late night feedings...Every 2 hours whether they were awake or not.

Since it all happened in the middle of the night, it may have just been dream, I can't be sure.

Either way, with a decade under my belt, I can tell you for sure that eventually they will sleep...but they pick up other bad habits.

3/18/2010 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home