This Page

has been moved to new address

Summer jobs

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Summer jobs

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Summer jobs

I had 4 summer jobs in high school and college.

1. Grocery store for 2 years in high school, first as a bagger and then as a cashier.

2. ShopKo (small department store) for 2 years in high school, first as a cashier and then receiving and stocking product.

3. AirPro (my dad's new manufacturing business) for 2 years in college as a shop rat, which meant painting, running for parts and materials, assembly, small welding, etc.

4. Yosemite National Park in California for 1 summer in college as a Seasonal Naturalist (I gave tours, presentations, hikes, etc.).

I could write lengthy blog posts on some of these experiences but I'll leave it at a picture from my second summer at AirPro in 2004.

In case this there's any doubt, I became the painter that summer.

I clearly had no concern about mismatched gloves or ratty t-shirts turned into do-rags.

Thanks Dad for sending this one over yesterday for a good laugh and a memory.

3 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

I wish I had one of you coming home--covered in gray paint.

10/22/2009 11:51 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Actually, I have one. I took one of myself in the mirror at 2 AM one night. Covered.

10/22/2009 11:54 AM  
Blogger Keelie declared,

Love it!:) I have memories of working there myself...'course that was way before you time - I'm feeling very old these days!:/

10/23/2009 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home