This Page

has been moved to new address

RSS feeds

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: RSS feeds

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

RSS feeds

I'm amazed that anyone still reads blogs without RSS feeds. Clicking through your list of blogs each day (or week) takes up so much more time than going to one place, such as Google Reader, to read through the list of new posts.

It's the equivalent of checking a different website for each person who emails you to see if they've sent you an email yet.

With RSS feeds, you don't care as much when someone fails to post for 6 months (I'm talking about you, Pat!) because you aren't constantly checking that site. It just doesn't show up in your feed.

If you're like me and you follow blogs that cover politics, friends, humor, religion and other topics, you can categorize them. Sick of politics on a given day? Just mark all political posts as "read" and move on to the funny ones!

For those not using RSS feeds to read blogs, I'm really curious to know why you aren't?

If you're looking for a service to use, Google Reader has worked really well for me, my wife, and others I know.

If you have a favorite RSS feed reader, I'm interested to know what it is and why you like it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Bill Roehl declared,

I didn't know there was another RSS reader worthy of mention aside from Google Reader ;-)

10/22/2009 7:58 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Me neither. :) Bloglines is the only other one I can think of off the top of my head but I've never used it so can't really compare it to Google Reader.

10/22/2009 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Bill Roehl declared,

Oh there are plenty, I was just teasing. I have readers using at least 20 different online readers but the majority of people come from GR.

10/22/2009 10:15 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Which one do you use? I haven't heard anyone rave about anything other than Google but there have to be others with their own advantages.

10/22/2009 10:20 AM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

Never heard of an online reader. I just figured how to text, gotta give me a break!

10/22/2009 11:52 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Sounds like we need to spend some time with Google next week!

10/22/2009 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home