This Page

has been moved to new address

My dream come true

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: My dream come true

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

My dream come true

No, not the 3rd North Carolina Tar Heels national championship in my lifetime.

During the game last night my wife reminded me numerous times that she is my "dream wife." Consider her evidence...

Two weeks after we were married two years ago, March Madness - something she'd never heard of - happened. I don't watch much TV, so basketball all day for a few days straight was a shock to her system. There may or may not have been a few tears of confusion.

Last year I got her to fill out a bracket. Her methodology (which remains unchanged): look at rankings first, but in close games, first analyze mascots and if still in doubt, then factor in team colors. She nearly beat me.

This year I stayed ahead until the Final Four, when she surged past me with a vengeance. She correctly picked 3 of 4 Final Four teams, both teams in the finals, and the national champions. I haven't met anyone yet who can match that this year. (Yes, she won her bracket challenge at work.)

And as we watched the Tar Heels surge ahead last night, with Jamie decked out in her Tar Heels jersey, she just smiled and said, "I'm your dream wife!"

And who am I to argue?

2 Comments:

Blogger Monday Came declared,

Jamie is a great wife! :)

4/07/2009 8:41 PM  
Blogger Keelie declared,

Too cute!! And what a turnabout! From never having heard of March Madness to wearing paraphanelia, filling out brackets and watching the games! I'm impressed!

It's such a bummer when it's all over - I love March Madness!:)

4/10/2009 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home