This Page

has been moved to new address

Toy discrimination

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Toy discrimination

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Toy discrimination

We're having the Crims - friends with 4 kids - over for dinner tonight. I asked my wife what toys we might have for the kids to play with. She said that we have Legos and a Mr. Potatohead, but "they are not playing with my Army man!"

I didn't realize the importance of this toy, which slowly moves along in a crouched position, gun ready for action. I asked whether the kids could play with Mr. Potatohead, thinking he too may be set aside for some greater purpose.

"Mr. Potatohead? Yeah, they can play with him. You can get a Potatohead anywhere."

But apparently Army men are a rare bred.

UPDATE: here's a picture of the Army man.

3 Comments:

Blogger Keelie declared,

That is hilarious!! She must be a tom-boy at heart!:) Don't think I ever played with army-men...not sure I played with barbie dolls either...hmmm

3/25/2009 11:31 AM  
Blogger Jamie declared,

I tried to find a picture of this toy and there is one for sale on Ebay - http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-Operated-Crawling-Shooting-Army-Man-12%22_W0QQitemZ150330697802QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090307?IMSfp=TL090307185019r19959

If you get this guy, you could have a fight with mine :)

And for the record - I wasn't the only one who had toys that were not up for sharing...

3/25/2009 11:49 AM  
Blogger Jamie declared,

Looks like my link didn't work... If you go to ebay and search for "
Battery Operated Crawling Shooting Army Man 12"" you should be able to see it.

3/25/2009 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home