This Page

has been moved to new address

NCAA Day 2: not perfect, but not bad

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: NCAA Day 2: not perfect, but not bad

Saturday, March 21, 2009

NCAA Day 2: not perfect, but not bad

Round 1 results: 26/32

Teams I picked that lost: Ohio State, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Boston College, Tennessee, and Florida State.

Sweet 16 teams that are out: Wake Forest and West Virginia.

Office pool standings: 3/107.

My West and South brackets are 100% intact and I have my Sweet 16 intact in the East. I'm missing 2 Sweet 16 teams in the Midwest but my entire Elite 8 is still with me.

There were three 12/5 upsets, so I feel pretty good about picking two of them (Western Kentucky and Arizona).

I feel good about where I'm at but fully expect to be pounded as round 2 gets going today.

(Oh, and my wife is 24/32 in the first round, is missing just 3 Sweet 16 teams - Utah, Florida State, and Illinois - and still has her Elite 8 with her. Not bad at all.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Keelie declared,

Joey! Come on man, you didn't pick Wisconsin to be one of your upsets?! That was MY big upset, and I only picked them because it was Wisconsin. Then Corey told me you have to watch those 5/12 seed games. I'm pretty proud of myself!:) Boy was that a fun game to watch! As was Ohio St, which I picked and was very disappointed to see them go out - I have ties to them to with my grandpa over there!:) Corey, on the other hand hates both Ohio St and Wisconsin and picked neither. It's been fun to watch this year, competing with someone else with brackets! Is Jamie having fun?

3/22/2009 7:34 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I know, but I always tell myself not to pick favorites!

Jamie always has fun with it, but we haven't been able to watch the games being out in SF. Now that I'm back I've finally been able to watch a few this afternoon.

3/22/2009 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home