This Page

has been moved to new address

Working on the commode

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Working on the commode

Friday, December 07, 2007

Working on the commode

I'm due for a post, and what better topic to post about?

Three bathroom stalls at work should be plenty for our floor. Yesterday, it wasn't. So, what do you do? Do you turn around and leave the bathroom, only to return 10 minutes later to check in again? Then everyone wonders why that guy just walked in and walked out. But how much more appropriate is it to just stand and wait?

Well, I elected to stand and wait. It helps that I have a phone on which I can play solitaire. It makes it look like I'm actually doing something while I wait. It also makes it look like I think the bathroom is a great place to hang out.

So I waited. And waited. And I started to notice tapping inside the stalls. And then I realized that those people weren't really taking care of business. Well, they may have been, just not the type of business that requires a commode. They were working or playing on their phones.

What the crap? They may have needed to take a crap when they went in there, but it sure doesn't take 8 minutes to finish up with that! Who keeps people waiting for a commode so they can finish text messaging, emailing, or playing their game?

So, I stood there and played solitaire. A few games of solitaire, actually. And then I finally got my chance to take one of the stalls and I sat down at last and took care of business.

And as I sat there, annoyed that I had been kept waiting so long, I pulled out my phone and played some solitaire.

4 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

Most women probably don't "get" your dilemma. Waiting in line for a stall is just an every day fact of public restroom life for us.

12/07/2007 12:40 PM  
Blogger kristi noser declared,

right you are keithslady. Honestly, how many people wait til they get to work to duke?? Eew.

12/07/2007 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Nobody reads anymore. The bathroom was like the last great bastion of reading

12/11/2007 9:04 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

LOL...wow, funny perspective. Actually, there's a guy at work who takes a newspaper with him. Now that's going a little too far...

12/12/2007 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home