This Page

has been moved to new address

I love the Denver airport

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: I love the Denver airport

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I love the Denver airport

Okay, so "love" is a strong word. But "love" and "like" are very different. "Love" tends to happen once you've spent so much time with someone that you grow to care about them regardless of their ups and downs.

Prior to this year I had only flown once as a toddler and once as a 10-year-old. This year I've flown four times, and three of those four flights has taken me through Denver, twice as a connection and once as a destination. You could say I've been growing attached.

Then, yesterday, we got stuck there for 12 hours. Our 2-hour layover on our way back from San Antonio, TX, turned into 12 hours when we decided to take two $400 travel vouchers and $52 in airport food vouchers in exchange for our seats on an overcrowded flight.

Was it worth it? Oh yeah! We got a bunch of Christmas shopping done (who knew an airport could have so many cool gifts?) and met up with a friend of my wife's who recently moved to Denver.

And now we're trying to figure out where we could go for $800. Alaska would be around $900. Hmm...

So, like it or not, I think I have formed a bond with the Denver airport that has possibly gone to full-blown love.

3 Comments:

Blogger kristi noser declared,

John and I took a "bump" once when we were coming home from vacation. I love--yeah I said it--getting free stuff. You really made a score there Joey White.

11/29/2007 12:56 AM  
Blogger erin declared,

Too funny! I feel the same way about the Memphis airport. Except, I HATE the Memphis airport.
There's such a fine line between love and hate, don't you think?

11/29/2007 2:27 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Memphis...no airport experience there, but I did sit at their Greyhound bus station for a few hours when I was 17. That has to count for something!

11/29/2007 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home