This Page

has been moved to new address

One of my favorite music videos

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: <strike>One of</strike> my favorite music video<strike>s</strike>

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

One of my favorite music videos

My mom was asking for the link to this video, so I thought I'd just post it here.

The song is "The Scientist". The band is Coldplay.



I love trying to figure out how they shot it. The whole video is obviously supposed to be him singing "forward" with everything else being rewound, going "backwards." Some scenes were obviously filmed "forward" and then shown backwards for the video, or they were done with special effects (such as at the beginning where he lays down on the bed, or when he jumps over the wall). Other scenes appear to have been filmed with him actually walking backwards, such as when he's walking through the woods and the field on the hill. It's most obvious when he closes the door of the car. It's obvious by the way that he puts his hand on the door that he was actually opening the door and getting in, not getting out and closing it.

I'd really like to see the whole video from end to beginning (with the music in reverse, but all of the actions in the video played out going forward) to see how much of the movement going forward looks natural and how much of the video that was supposed to be "rewinding" was actually shot moving forward.

1 Comments:

Blogger Monday Came declared,

Coldplay is fantastic and that is one of my favorite songs. What a great video! Aunt Kari

11/18/2007 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home