This Page

has been moved to new address

Thank You President Bush

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Thank You President Bush

Friday, January 12, 2007

Thank You President Bush

Dear Mr. President,

I just noticed that the price of gas across the street is down to $1.95 a gallon. Obviously, this must be your doing. I've noticed that every time the price of gas goes up, you get the blame. So, I naturally assume that you must be the reason that it has come down a whole dollar per gallon in the last six months.

Oh, I know that your approval rating is at an all-time low of 32%. What do I care? My gas is cheap! And you're to thank!

You're the greatest president ever! What other president has ever brought the price of gas down an entire dollar during their term? YOU ROCK!!!

Sincerely,

Stupid American Citizen Who Thinks the President Controls Everything (including, but not limited to, the price of gas, my salary, my lack of a salary, how quickly my disaster relief arrives, the number of murders in my city, and global warming)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

P.S. - But only when it affects me in a negative way.

1/13/2007 4:01 PM  
Blogger Reegz declared,

I thought he HAD to do something after sending more troops or extending the time. Whatever! I always hear the "people" complaining and I thought this was their compensation-lower the gas and shut 'em up!

1/15/2007 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

I heard earlier last week that the federal government was going to re-supply our national reserves, and as a result the price per barrel had again increased, I mused to James that I was going to watch the impact at our local service station. Today the price is up almost 15 cents.

I guess like many folks I wonder how it can take a couple of weeks for lower barrel prices to positively impact gasoline prices, but less than 72 hours for higher barrel prices to negatively impact them.

Could big oil companies be to blame?

1/28/2007 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home