This Page

has been moved to new address

I'll support Ted Kennedy's bill

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: I'll support Ted Kennedy's bill

Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'll support Ted Kennedy's bill

I almost titled this, "I'll support Ted Kennedy," but that would be taking it WAY too far.

So, suffice it to say that I can support this bill that he's trying to get through.

Here's its title:
A bill to require the submittal to Congress of any Presidential Daily Briefing relating to Iraq during the period beginning on January 20, 1997, and ending on March 19, 2003.
Does this have a chance of actually getting passed? Probably not. I highly doubt anything Ted Kennedy sponsors could get through.

However, I'm all for opening up the records. These records would include briefings to both Clinton and Bush. I strongly believe that if America could see those briefings, they would understand much more fully why Bush made the decision to enter Iraq.

Knowing what I know now, would I have gone into Iraq? No. Tell me I've been sold out to the lies of the left and the media or whatever else you want to tell me, but I wouldn't. Why? Because I wouldn't go into Rwanda or Sudan or Iran or North Korea or a number of other places with dictators who are as bad or worse than Saddam Hussein, yet likely pose no threat to our national security.

Having said that, knowing what I knew then, would I have gone into Iraq? Absolutely. We cannot make decisions based on what we know in the future. That's what Democrats would have us believe. Going into Iraq was the right decision given the information we had. We had reason to believe Saddam Hussein was a threat to us, so we responded. We also did what the U.N. refused to do: enforced the U.N.'s own resolution.

I believe that what has happened in Iraq should make us that much more cautious in any future endeavors. But I believe that if those records that Senator Kennedy wants to badly to be made public were in face made public, America and the world would better understand what was going through the mind of officials within the military and the Bush administration when they made the decision to invade Iraq.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Perhaps a better title for the bill would be: "A bill to authorize leakers in the Democratic Party to allow for ongoing intelligence collections to be infiltrated by providing disseminated information that over time points to the source of that data."

Apparently the NY Times can't find any more secrets right now so they need some new data to sift through before Bin Laden cancels his subscription.

7/15/2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

Time for a new post. I'm tired of opening up and seeing "Ted Kennedy" and "support" in the same title!

By the way. Mikey altered a piece of steel that Uncle Marty used to get in the Bishi. Ellen got to work on time.

7/19/2006 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home