This Page

has been moved to new address

Like a faucet

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Like a faucet

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Like a faucet

Two things are reminding me of a faucet. One happens to be my nose. Being sick really stinks.

The other is my defense. My glove was a faucet last night, forgetting to stop any softball that came near it.

Okay, so there was really just one big blunder with the glove, but hey, one blunder is one too many for me. It was a line drive that was going to land 25 feet in front of me. I came in on it and tried to scoop it up a foot off the ground and throw it in one swift motion.

I should have just tried to scoop it. I don't know if I should blame the fact that it bounced off my palm and went behind me on the lights on the field. It's definitely different playing under lights at night. I also didn't hit well, though I didn't strike out either. Granted I was up with 2 outs every time I went to bat. I never do well with 2 outs for some stupid reason. Maybe I'll blame it all on the fact that Kristi was there. But then, Pat was there too. So was Martha. So was Larry. And Gregg was pitching. (Illegally, I might add.)

Whatever. We lost fair and square and I was over it before it was over, especially considering that it was basically against ourselves since we were playing the other team from our church. Hey, at 4-1, my sources tell me we're still on top of the league.

1 Comments:

Blogger kristi noser declared,

Don'tcha be blaming your slippery glove on me! Quit wiping your nose on it!

6/20/2006 8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home