This Page

has been moved to new address

More Craigslist success

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: More Craigslist success

Monday, November 16, 2009

More Craigslist success

We tried giving our old dishwasher away to a few people but were unsuccessful in finding anyone.

So, my wife took pictures and we posted it on Craigslist. She wanted $50 for it. I looked to see what others were charging. It worked fine and we had the manual and instructions, but didn't know how old it was since it came with our house.

I posted it for $70 and got 5 responses the first day.

The guy who took it asked if I'd go $60 on it. I think he knew he was stretching it to ask me to go any lower. But, let's just say he looked like he needed the extra $10 more than I did so I went with it.

Hey, it was $60 more than I was planning to get for it!

Consider this inspiration for those of you tempted to throw out old appliances or furniture...it doesn't get greener than passing it on to someone else!

3 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

Are you getting a new one or just getting rid of it altogether?

11/16/2009 10:28 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

We got a new one (well, it was a year old but new to us). We were waiting to make sure the other one worked before selling off the old one.

11/16/2009 10:30 PM  
Blogger kristi noser declared,

Greener for the environment and more green for you. Best of both worlds!

11/17/2009 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home