This Page

has been moved to new address

Final electoral prediction

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Final electoral prediction

Monday, November 03, 2008

Final electoral prediction

Okay, so my last prediction is looking pretty shaky.  But I'm going to forge ahead one more time.  Four years ago I was able to guess all but one state (Wisconsin) correctly.  I really don't think that will happen this time around, but I'm going to give it a shot.

If you take all of the "toss-up" states and turn them red or blue based on who is currently leading in the polls, here's what the race will look like:


Ouch.  In this map, the traditionally Republican West and South would cede the necessary votes for Obama's victory, as would Ohio.

Here's how I think it will go down:

Admittedly, I'm going out on a bit of a limb with Florida and Ohio.  But then again, Virginia could go Republican too.  Those three states will likely decide the election, though New Mexico, Colorado, and Nevada could be factors as well.

I have a feeling I'll be wrong on Ohio, Florida, or both, but I'm going to stick with my guns.

Now, get out and vote!!

2 Comments:

Blogger NoOtherName declared,

Joey--will you put a final map of how it actually turned out so we can compare?

11/05/2008 2:23 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Good idea, I just posted it.

11/05/2008 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home