This Page

has been moved to new address

Google Chrome

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Google Chrome

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Google Chrome

I downloaded Google Chrome yesterday. (For those in the dark, Google just released a new web browser in beta version last week called Google Chrome.)

My first impression is that it's better than both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. While Internet Explorer 7.0 is FAR better than IE 6, it still has issues with slowness and overly ambitious security features, among other things. I've been a Firefox user for a while and have been frustrated with two things. 1.) Slowness. Things just take a while to process. It's better than Explorer in this department, but it still could use improvement. 2.) When a tab times out, it closes the entire Firefox page, which means that when I have 6 tabs going (which I often do) they all go down.

Google Chrome fixes both of these problems. It's definitely faster than Firefox and each tab runs independently, so if one times out (and they haven't yet), only that tab is closed.

I've been using it less than 24 hours, so I suppose the jury is still out. But so far, so good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

I also have been using Chrome for a while and I also noticed the speed, but I am so used to Firefox. I know where everything is I know how it works I know what to expect. Also, its does a few weird things, one example... when I am writing a blog post and I realize that I completely hate what I wrote and I hit backspace a bunch of times it goes to the previous page. Some how the backspace button works like a back button. I screw up a lot and would get frustrated when it went back a page.
But if Joey likes it I will give it another try.

9/07/2008 8:07 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

You can import all of your bookmarks, saved passwords, and everything else from Firefox (or IE) into Chrome. That might help your first problem, unless you're just referring to general navigation.

As far as the backspace, I just tested it on both an email and a blog post and didn't have a problem with it going backwards. The backspace works as a back button in Firefox and IE as well, but only if you're not typing, which is also how I've found it to work with Chrome. So I don't know what to tell you there.

9/07/2008 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home