This Page

has been moved to new address

Word to Abeler: this is NOT a test!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Word to Abeler: this is NOT a test!

Friday, March 07, 2008

Word to Abeler: this is NOT a test!

Rep. Jim Abeler (R-Anoka), who voted to override Governor Pawlenty's veto last week of the transportation bill that jacks up Minnesota taxes and fees, made an asinine statement to MPR.
"One wrong on a test is not an F, if it was even wrong," he said. "And I did well in school, but 95 was an A when I went to school and I've certainly done that well by my people. I hope they recognize that. I hope they see that," he said.
Where do you get off thinking that voting to raise our taxes is okay because, hey, it's just one wrong question on a test!?

Tell all of us who will be paying higher taxes for our gas, higher sales taxes, and additional fees to register our vehicles, among other increases. Those are a lot of real dollars out of our pockets.

No, this is NOT like getting a 95 on a test. It's like giving the wrong answer on a test question that's worth 95% of your grade.

I've been pretty calm since getting out of politics a year and a half ago. But this latest round of insanity has oddly re-energized me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kara Jo declared,

I like hearing your thoughts, Joey. :)

3/08/2008 4:02 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Glad someone's listening to them!

3/09/2008 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home