This Page

has been moved to new address

Minnesota ranking low

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Minnesota ranking low

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Minnesota ranking low

Minnesota Monitor has a breakdown of the latest Congressional Power Rankings, showing where legislators rank in power in Congress, Senate, and overall state delegation.

Minnesota is 38th out of 55 (Guam, D.C., the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Puerto Rico are included).

Minnesotans seem to think that's low, and I suppose it is. However, if I'm not mistaken, the federal government has gone to bat for us with I-35W bridge funding and light rail transit funding, just to name a few big-dollar projects.

Maybe it's not a problem of us not getting our fair piece of the federal pie, as some would argue, but a case of us taking our fair share instead of porking federal dollars we don't have to spend into our state.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

I like your position. I wish more people looked at what they need rather than what they can get. I guess we're born with that mentality though, I want it 'cause he's got it.

3/05/2008 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home