This Page

has been moved to new address

NCAA basketball update - it's not pretty

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: NCAA basketball update - it's not pretty

Sunday, March 23, 2008

NCAA basketball update - it's not pretty

My wife, who made her bracket picks by taking mascots into consideration, has a considerable lead on me.

In other words, it's not real pretty.

Office pool standings: 48/84
Consolation: all 4 Final Four teams still in (Jamie has lost Duke)
Elite Eight busts: Clemson, Marquette, Duke
Sweet Sixteen busts: St. Joe's, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Connecticut, Purdue

My Final Four of UNC, Memphis, UCLA, and Wisconsin remains intact. However, the only other Elite Eight prediction alive is Tennessee.

I need perfection from here on out or I'm hosed. I'm probably hosed anyway.

Here are Jamie's Sweet Sixteen showings:

East - perfect 4/4 (she has UNC and Tennessee winning the next round)
South - perfect 4/4 (she has Michigan State and Texas winning the next round)
Midwest - 1/4 (Kansas, who's in her Final Four)
West - 2/4 (UCLA losing in the Elite Eight and Xavier losing in the Sweet Sixteen)

I wonder who she would have picked if she'd known that Michigan State is the Spartans and not the Wolverines...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous declared,

What makes you think I would've changed my mind? I stand by my pick!.. "The Spartan Army was the military force of Sparta, one of the leading city-states of ancient Greece. The army stood at the centre of the Spartan state, whose citizens' primary and sole obligation was to be good soldiers.[1] Subject to military drill from infancy, the Spartans were one of the most disciplined, well-trained and feared military forces in world history . At Sparta's heyday in the 6th to 4th centuries BC, it was commonly accepted that "one Spartan was worth several men of any other state". (Wikipedia)

3/24/2008 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home