This Page

has been moved to new address

Where is everyone?

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Where is everyone?

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Where is everyone?

My wife and I lead a small group in our church that meets every Thursday night. Tonight, no one showed up.

Now, at first glance I'm willing to ignore that fact. People are usually pretty good about calling if they can't make it. It's Maundy Thursday and a number of people were at that service.

However, everyone was here last week. Everyone discussed whether or not to cancel small group because of Maundy Thursday. The consensus was that we wouldn't cancel small group.

One couple said they were going to the service anyway, which we left obviously open to everyone. One couple called this evening ahead of time to say they couldn't make it.

Now, I'm sure the other three absent couples had very good reasons for not being here. Everyone needs a week off occasionally. And hey, it's the NCAA basketball tournament. I have to admit, I'm glad I've been able to watch the games tonight!

But my wife had made rice crispy bars for everyone. I had practiced a song and prepared a Bible study. I wonder sometimes if people realized the effort that goes into leading something like this on a weekly basis. It's good to at least know that we don't have to prepare!

Again, some of these people are some of our best friends and I know they probably had good reasons. I'm just irritated right now. I'll get over it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Burton declared,

I lament this also, Joey. And I say this not to condemn others or puff myself up. I sense a lack of commitment to community in myself and the people around me. I lament what we are missing out on.

3/21/2008 5:48 AM  
Blogger Reegz declared,

Rapture! Ha ha!

3/21/2008 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home