This Page

has been moved to new address

Thoughts from keithslady...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Thoughts from keithslady...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thoughts from keithslady...

...on the issue of profiling Muslims in airport security screenings.

I wanted to know what she thought, and here's what she wrote to me.

Here’s a thought.

The Americans won the Revolutionary War in part because they didn’t “play by the rules”. The British soldiers were confounded by the renegade soldiers who didn’t follow the gentlemanly rules of war.

The Japanese killed thousands of American soldiers in the Pacific battles because they didn’t “play by the rules”. They fought to the death for the sake of honor, which in the American rulebook was erroneous. However, because we didn’t see things in the same light, they were able to take advantage of us and kill soldiers who were expecting their thinking to be more like ours.

So, the Muslim terrorists now have the opportunity to play by their own rules, which are different for our own, and they will take advantage of our refusal to change our thinking. If we believe it is unfair to single someone out due to race or religion, they have the opportunity to step in and hit.

If the British had been willing to abandon their “fair play” they may have won America. Now, perhaps is a time for us to abandon our “fair play” to save our country.

I'd say I've got pretty good roots.

7 Comments:

Blogger Billiam declared,

I've often said, if you're going to engage in a war, fight to win, not to make others happy. Our country is so concerned with "World opinion", that they won't fight to win. Political correctness run amok.

8/25/2006 6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Good thing we are concerned with world opinion, because, as it happens, we have to actually live in this world with these people. This not fighting to win is BS, we're trying to win in Iraq, it just so happens that so are the people who's country we've invaded.
::Nic::

8/26/2006 12:21 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Whatever.

8/26/2006 3:22 AM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

The topic here is homeland security and keeping our country free from terrorism. As related as they may seem, foreign war is a different subject.

8/26/2006 11:15 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

I've got to hand it to keithslady for actually responding. "Whatever" wasn't much of a response. Pretty much all I had time for.

Way to actually address this ::Nic:: character with a response that was more than just one word!

8/26/2006 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

My response was to Billiam. I had made a response to your initial post, but it somehow never was posted. It was a quote: "Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

..
I enjoy the "Whatever." It shows a complete disregard for an opposing opinion, which just happens to be why the USA is where we are.

Unfortunately for you, different subjects interact with each other and tend to make arguments more or less valid.

I don't belong here, I will leave you to your blog.

::Nic::

8/28/2006 11:01 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Fair enough. I generally do really like hearing the other side. I guess this post was different for me 'cause it was my mom's thoughts and I'm a bit defensive there.

But I don't think it's fair to say that I have a complete disregard for opposing opinion. The fact that I didn't delete your comment (or the following one) says something about that. However, I wasn't exactly interested in getting into a debate about whether we invaded Iraq or are defending Iraqis and what we need to think about world opinion. It was a really long day, and those weren't issues I was really in the mood to deal with.

8/29/2006 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home