This Page

has been moved to new address

21 straight innings later

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: 21 straight innings later

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

21 straight innings later

And we were the church softball league champions.

It was pretty grueling. We were in the loser's bracket for the postseason to begin with. We won the final game in the loser's bracket, which set up a championship game with the team in the winner's bracket. We had a 1-1 regular season record against them.

We won the first championship game 8-7. The second was a blowout.

Of course, with three 7-inning games in a row, we lost pretty much all of our fans after the second game. That means pretty much no one got to see my best game of the year except, well, my teammates.

A tiring evening, but a lot of fun.

(And yes, I'm still disgusted enough with a number of things politically that I'm refraining from blogging about it for now.)

7 Comments:

Blogger kristi noser declared,

What happened in the third game?
Awesome meeting your mom and bro and sis. I would have stayed til the end, but oh for the children...

8/22/2006 5:29 PM  
Blogger Carla declared,

Great to see you again, Joey and meet keithslady, your sister and little brother! Why does Kristi always complain about my children?

8/23/2006 6:43 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Third game: 4 at-bats, on base 4 times, every one on a hit pulled to right field. Two grounders that got through, one line drive to right field, and one hard grounder that bounced off the second baseman's glove. 2 or 3 RBIs, 3 runs, a couple of pop flies in the outfield. All-around fun, solid game.

As for Kristi Noser, I'll leave that up to her to answer....

8/23/2006 9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

Ahh...being a champion...it's brings back memories of 1992 all over again! :) Congrats!

8/23/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Brandy Dopkins declared,

I bet your mom stayed til the end. Nice lady- I like her.

8/23/2006 10:07 AM  
Blogger NoOtherName declared,

I think Keithslady needs a blog of her own--with 11 kids there have GOT to be some great stories!

8/23/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

I actually have a book of those stories. The kids call it "The Funny Book". I would recommend that anyone with kids keep such a book--just a regular school notebook and a pen in a kitchen cupboard. When something funny happens or is said, just write it down. Our most recent addition is from my 18 year old while discussing birthmarks--"I STILL don't have a birthmark." Duh. They're never to old to get written up.

And no, I didn't stay for the game. I should have stayed, spent the night, and driven home in the morning. Instead, I got home at 1 AM. And seriously, I almost pulled over to sleep just 2 miles from home! It was great to meet all of you. Thanks for helping take care of Joey. He needs you...

8/24/2006 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home