This Page

has been moved to new address

If I were to join a Party...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: If I were to join a Party...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

If I were to join a Party...

...I'd join the Republican Party.

I guess that's not a shock since I'm pretty conservative - though I'm not so sure the Republican Party wants to be conservative any more - but I found another reason why I'd be a Republican before I'd ever be a Democrat.

(This was part of a story speculating who would be the committee chairs if the Democrats were to take control of Congress this fall.)
Republicans award chairmanships based on the evaluation of a leadership committee that takes into account leadership fealty, fundraising prowess and other factors. Democrats would award would-be chairmanships strictly by seniority.
Sounds like the way public school teachers are recognized. The longer you teach, the more you get paid. Who cares if you don't really know how to teach? You're tenured!!

Any Party that awards leadership positions solely on account of the length of employment is one I can't support.

5 Comments:

Blogger Keithslady declared,

I agree. Any job should go to the most qualified. Free enterprise/competition creates the drive for excellence. Tenure leads to complacency.

6/03/2006 10:32 PM  
Blogger Mark declared,

Psst! There's more than two parties out there, Joey!

6/05/2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Yes, but at the moment I don't find any of the others worth supporting or even calling "legitimate" parties. The Greens have flopped miserably since their big referendum back in April and the Libertarian Party is pretty schizophrenic. They can't figure out what they believe really.

I know, there are others, but in WI those are the two biggest and who do they have in office? Who do they have who's even halfway legitimate at this point?

We have two parties. Technically, there are others, but for all practical purposes, it still ends with the two parties.

6/05/2006 8:44 AM  
Blogger Mark declared,

Well, if those are our only choices, than we all better learn how to speak fluent Spanish, because both the Dems and the Reps are quite too busy selling us South to actually secure this nation.

6/06/2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Actually, the House Republicans didn't sell us out. Neither did half of the Senate Republicans.

6/07/2006 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home