This Page

has been moved to new address

Scott Southworth's story hits CNN

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: Scott Southworth's story hits CNN

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Scott Southworth's story hits CNN

I posted this story two weeks ago.

Last week I started getting hits on my blog from people looking for the story. Many of the Google searches included "Glenn Beck." I figured he must have covered the story on his radio show or something. Since I have him linked on the blog, people would come up with my post in the search.

The Glenn Beck story just appeared on CNN. I think Beck has a TV show too, or maybe he's just does an occasional story for CNN. Either way, it's great to finally be able to put a face to Southworth. I was just talking to one of my county coordinators yesterday who described Southworth as "one of my best friends," which makes it even more strange to see the story on national television. (Southworth is a Republican District Attorney in Juneau County, so a number of conservative activists in that area know him.)

I'm really looking forward to meeting the guy. He's definitely a hero. I saw Tommy Thompson speak yesterday. I met Ken Mehlman the day before. I don't idolize them. Granted, I don't idolize Southworth either. He's just another human being who did what he thought was right. He did what he felt God was calling him to do. But I look up to him a whole lot more than I do either one of them.

I don't like calling a fellow human an "idol" because I'd hate to be called that myself. That' s a position reserved for God. But Southworth is most definitely a hero.

2 Comments:

Blogger J declared,

We did a feature on Scott in the Mendota Beacon a few weeks ago. Truly, truly amazing. Very inspiring. Amazingly enough, as he returned my phone call very promptly, and took time out of drill just to do the interview w/ my reporter, he's still incredibly humble.

5/21/2006 7:07 PM  
Blogger Mark declared,

Beautiful. Thank you for that.

5/22/2006 2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home