This Page

has been moved to new address

The license plate

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Wide White: The license plate

Saturday, May 13, 2006

The license plate

Here's my license plate in all its glory.


Yes, it's real. I couldn't believe it was available. I just got it about six months ago.

The funny thing about it is I have no plans to run for office, now or in the future. My boss likes to call it "anarchy," as if I'll run against him or something.

I was at a stop light in Roseville, MN, a week ago and noticed that the two girls behind me - both probably somewhere around 18-20 - were laughing and pointing at the back of my car. I couldn't figure it out. The only bumper stickers I have are on the window and are for political candidates. They're not funny. Then it hit me: the license plate. One girl actually pulled out her digital camera and took a picture. Though the temptation to use the power of the license plate to flirt was strong, I somehow managed to withstand it. However, leave no doubt: the license plate has powers.

Oh, and the picture above is of the front plate. The back plate has a frame that says, "You know you want to!"

Hey, can anyone who doesn't already know what I drive tell what vehicle I have based on the picture? When I looked at the picture, I noticed one characteristic that I thought might be a dead giveaway, but I'm curious to see if anyone is actually knows their vehicles well enough to get it.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger steveegg declared,

It's definitely a Jeep, and I'll go with Grand Cherokee.

5/13/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Nice...I didn't think it would take a guy long to figure it out. The grill of a Jeep is the most distinctive grill out there.

And Steve wins...a virtual pat on the back!

5/13/2006 10:49 AM  
Blogger kristi noser declared,

I'll, as a woman who knows her cars, take offense at the "guy" comment.

5/13/2006 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous declared,

see just goes to show ya, I was going to guess a nissan...

5/13/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

See Kristi...Sara proves my point.

I know, I'm a stereotyping bigoted chauvinist. What can I say? I'm a white male...aren't we all bigoted chauvanists?

5/13/2006 6:02 PM  
Blogger kristi noser declared,

I'd say yes, but that would make me a female bigoted chauvanist.

5/14/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger Keithslady declared,

It might help people to know that Joey could have posted a picture of the entire vehicle with the word "Jeep" whited out and his Mom would still NOT be able to tell you what it was. Nice job, Steve.

5/14/2006 4:14 PM  
Blogger Joey declared,

Yep, that's me. Used to be a car. As of three weeks ago, it's a Jeep. Either way, I'm definitely not a politician!

5/14/2006 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home